Lancaster Morgan Funeral Home
11 Clover St.
The original Morgan Funeral Home
was established in Caribou in 1898 by G.M. Morgan. Morgan bought the
establishment from Charles F. Ross, who owned a furniture and
undertaking company located on Sweden Street. Although this building
burned in 1903 it was rebuilt the same year. The firm constructed a new
brick building in 1927 to house both the furniture and undertaking
companies. That building is now the home of the Caribou Theaters.
GM Morgan Funiture Co. (1930)
In later years it was seen that a facility was needed to meet the
needs of the growing number of families who needed a facility for
visiting hours and funerals. A new funeral home was built in 1948 by
two of G.M. Morganís sons, Ralph and Clyde. The Morgan Funeral Home
served Washburn, New Sweden, Stockholm, Woodland, Limestone, Caribou,
Connor and Perham for more than 74 years until its purchase by Jack and
Juanita Lancaster of Lancaster Funeral Home in 1972. Lancaster Funeral
Home was established in 1950 at a Pleasant Street location in Caribou,
by Jack Lancaster, a Houlton native and licensed funeral director.
Lancaster Morgan Funeral Home has been at 11 Clover Street in Caribou
since its purchase by Jack from the Morgan family.